Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nick Young Prefers Shooting

Yeah, I already know. This is the furthest thing from news, but I'm not just being captain obvious today. I came across something very Wizard-like this morning. Out of all guards, Nick Young passes the least amount per touch in the NBA. You would think that an honor like this would probably go to a guy like Kobe Bryant, but Kobe isn't even in Nick's league. Nick shoots the ball an astonishing 55% of the time he touches it. Damn thats a lot. No wonder the Wizards suck. Of course, the Wiz don't really have anyone else who can score, so that is Nick's job. But good god man. Let's try getting others involved.

Like I said a few weeks back, I am a big fan of Nick's improvement this season. He can put the ball in the hoop, and at a pretty good percentage too. But these are the kind of statistics I seem to come across almost every day supporting Basketball Reference's black hole theory.

He may look good at times, and he may be the only guy that can do it for this team. But can anyone really picture this guy playing on a perennial contender? I just don't think so. He is a guy who shoots a heck of a lot on a really bad team. To me, all that says is he is dead weight, and should be traded now while he's hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment