Thursday, February 10, 2011

Towson is Below Average

Get your popcorn ready! In the midst of covering the misfortune of D.C. sports, I have blinded you all from the worst. No, they are not D.C. sports, they are Towson basketball. In my time as a student, the university has managed to steal thousands of dollars from my family and I, while putting together one of the worse athletic programs that we will ever see. My run in failure continues with the Towson Tigers miserable 2010-2011 basketball season. Those pesky Tigers currently stand at 4-20, (0-14 in CAA). The CAA is mid major conference, albeit a good one, and Towson has no business being in it. They are non-competitive, and it appears that their coach Pat Kennedy has lost the team.

I have only watched a few of their games this season, and that was quite enough. Good shot selection, defense, and most importantly basketball I.Q. seem to be absent. With football being equally as woeful this season, the two have combined for an 0-22 conference record this season. With two more losses from basketball, Towson will become the first ever Division I program to not win a conference game in either football or basketball. I am talking Wizards here, only worse. The curse has been over D.C. sports teams for years, and it seems as if I continue to spread the joy to Towson. Before I got to Towson, the athletic program was at least bad. Upon my arrival, they have become embarrassing.

Side note: For those of you unfamiliar with Towson, during football season, the advertisements say come to the "U" to watch Towson Tigers football! What?

No comments:

Post a Comment